Rental Cars in Canada
We’ve already been expected several times today by international staff on our summer time camp visits about leasing a car after camp. It’s a powerful way to get around the country and see a number of the interesting internet sites, however it can get quite complex!!
Finding a vehicle rental in Canada:
We advice using to find the best package (it searches the most important car rental organizations) and may explain to you your options on a single display screen which will be quite useful.
But I’m Under 25
The minimum age for some automobile local rental companies in Canada is 21, but if you will be under 25 you will have to pay a ‘Young Driver Surcharge’ which is often an extra (or even more) per day. when you have a pal from camp that is quite older then maybe you can bribe them with Tim Hortons to-do all driving!
Check with your bank card organization should they feature protection for car leasing, or else you might have to spend dramatically additional to get the leasing vehicle business’s insurance. Important note: your present medical/travel insurance may not cover you for making use of accommodations car – make certain you double-check your plan before operating away!
Global Drivers License in Canada
With respect to the province you might be going to you might need a global drivers allow from your own home country is allowed to drive there. Check these guidelines and limitations using the internet before you agree to renting a car or truck. Listed here is a handy directory of exactly what what's needed tend to be for international motorists in Canada
Driving in Canada
It’s a great idea to within specific province before you also contemplate leasing a motor vehicle!
Extra charges to consider when leasing a car or truck in Canada
- one-way drop-off fee – if you're able to you need to positively return your car or truck to your exact same area you collected it or perhaps you might have to spend a relocation cost
- all applicable fees, particularly GST, HST
- per kilometre charge – require an endless mileage option. Canada is HUGE, so you could wind up driving plenty beyond you would imagine
- greater per kilometre cost if travelling outside the province
- fee for an extra driver
- charge for renters age 21 but under 25
- premium area fee, eg 10-15percent at airports
- administrative charge for using Highway 407 ETR within the Toronto area